AREAS OF EXPERTISE
All aspects of criminal law (defence). Fraud, sexual offences, murder, firearms and all aspects of serious organised crime.
CASES OF NOTE
R v WF & MH ViolenceCanterbury Crown Court Isobel McCarroll, defending one of two men facing serious charges of blackmail and theft secured not guilty verdicts following a seven day trial at Canterbury Crown Court.
Inquest into the death of Luke Blackhurst Inquest The Inquest concludes into the death of Luke Blackhurst who had autism and complex social care needs. Isobel McCarroll represented Luke's mother Rebecca Blackhurst at the inquest into his death before HM Senior Coroner Veronica Hamilton-Deely.
R v FORDHAM AND OTHERS Conspiracy to defraud Complex identity fraud linked to the hire purchase of vehicles. Legal argument: autrefois convict.
R v BRANDON AND OTHERS Conspiracy to defraudJunior counsel Banking identity fraud linked to a kidnap. Legal argument abuse of process regarding non-disclosure.
R v HOSIER AND OTHERS Possession of firearms with intent to endanger life, kidnap and blackmailJunior counsel
- Northern Ireland Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux 1990 – 1995
- Royal National Institute for the Blind 1995 – 2001
- Legal test cases in social security law
- R v WATSON Principle stated regarding deferred sentences Court of Appeal
- University of Ulster
- Politics and Philosophy College of Law – common Professional Exam
- Inns of Court School of Law
- Bar Vocational Course
Antiques, Theatre, Skiing and Gardening