Members of the public are now able to instruct barristers directly, without the need to instruct a separate solicitor.
By removing the duplication of work, costs can be drastically reduced and the client benefits from dealing directly with the expert barrister of their choice. At 4BB, our barristers offer direct access service across a wide range of cases stated below. To find out more about instructing us directly, please contact our clerking team.
Direct Professional Access
Fees are structured per hour for preparation, and a daily rate for court or tribunal attendance.
Fees vary depending on nature of case , and seniority of counsel.
- Under 5 years experience: £100 - £200 per hour + VAT
- 5-10 years experience: £200 - £300 per hour + VAT
- 10-15 years experience: £300 - £400 per hour + VAT
- Over 15 years experience: £400 - £450 per hour + VAT
- Queen's Counsel (Silk): from £500 per hour + VAT
- Advisory matters
- Road traffic cases
- Complex criminal cases
- Advice on appeal
To find out more about instructing us directly, please contact our clerking team.